Sunday

Gay and Lesbian Parade (NAW)

(This is not the best subject to follow my last blog entitled 'Man Crush' but here we go)

(NAW = Not About Writing)

I work in downtown Portland, Oregon. Today I went out to lunch. Today happened to be the Gay and Lesbian parade. I ended up walking along the parade route, eating lunch looking out the window at the parade, and on my way back, I walked along the parade as well.

Two things I observed...

The first thing I saw was a family of three - an adult male and female, and a girl about 5 years old. The adult male, I assume was her father, said, "Whatever you see, enjoy yourself." I went on my way not really thinking about it until now. I'm still not sure what he meant by that statement. It just sounded strange.

The second thing I observed when looking at the participants of the parade was that I didn't see any women that could be described as "lipstick lesbians". I guess I either missed all of them or their weren't any to be found. Apparently feminine women who wear makeup and feminine clothing don't like parades.

But... wait a minute. I walked along the Rose Festival parade route a couple weeks ago and their were plenty of women wearing makeup and feminine clothing.

Is it because...

No comments: