Sunday

A Few Slices of Life

The lady behind the counter of a local grocery store asks me if I wanted the soap in the same bag as my other groceries. I agreed, not expecting the soap to infect my chips and dip.




On the top left hand side of one of the dryers at the local Laundromat there were instructions. It read:

1. Check machine for children, pets, and foreign objects before loading the machine.

I went on to skip steps two through five knowing that if I got the first step right I was home free.




As the lady left the local Laundromat, she turns to me and asks, “You aren’t gonna steal my clothes are you?”

“No,” I replied. “I don’t wear woman’s clothes.”
“Alright then. I’ll come back when the load is done.”

With that the door shuts behind her.





The season had changed; It was warm now. Warm enough for a homeless man to shed his top couple layers and use them as a blanket to take a nap in the park.





I felt like I was the drummer in a band. The one with the largest instrument in front of me, setting the pace but I could never find the rhythm. The music was set by my wife. She doesn’t like music. I don’t either, apparently.





Walking down the street, on my way to lunch, a homeless man asks me to buy him “food from McDonalds.” I was on my way to Burger King with money burning through my pocket.
“Sorry.” I said.

No comments: