Sunday

PJ and my writing

I posted a video of Pearl Jam's Alive on my facebook page. This got me thinking of how much this band has influenced my writing.

Writers are artists. Each and every screenplay, novel, or short story, is done to bring some sort of emotion out of the reader. Whatever has influenced the artist is being thrown out to you, through their craft. You, as a buyer, are willing participants into what makes that artist do what they do. Each buyer of art has bought a piece of that artist's sole. (It sounds hokey, but it's true.)

In everything I do, artistically, Pearl Jam is there. Their music, and every emotion connected to it, comes to me and through these fingers, that are typing right now. I have cried, punched my fists into the hair, danced to their music, and I even had sex while listening to their music.

If a person can shed tears, for over 17 years, every time they hear a certain song, it must have had an influence on anything they do after that. Since I write stories everyday, I can't ignore their importance.

No comments: