Monday

Picking my Guitar

I started to play the guitar again. I picked it up for the first time a couple years ago but I didn't keep up with the learning process - I put it down. The first thing you realize when picking up something new is that it is not only fun, but it is difficult. Difficult sucks when you know, that if you were to make any sort of money playing the guitar, making music, it will take years to get that good. It is a goal that is almost impossible. It can't be attainable, not at my age.

To become someone good enough to play guitar for a living, you have to be good as or better than everyone else. That means playing it till your fingers are about to bleed. The best part of your fingers bleeding is that you feel alive. This is what I feel when I grind through story after story knowing that what I produce after several months, will likely not go anywhere but on a page in my desk drawer or a file on my personal computer. But the best part of it all is that those pages, those calluses on the fingers, is worth every moment because what you did is something coming out of you. If anybody that knows me is reading this, please share it.

That is why I write and that is why I share these thoughts of mine to anybody that will listen.

No comments: