Wednesday

No Pirate Jokes Allowed - first posting/new beginning

"Maybe I don't have to be good, but I can try to be
at least a little better than (I have) been so far." - Avett Brothers ("When I drink")

That's my goal - trying to be better than I was yesterday. What that means is that I'll always do my best to tell you how I've become a better writer than I was the day before (or days in between posts).

The bottom line is that the more I write, the more capable I am of becoming a better person. Writing, in definition, is a solitude engagement. Sharing what you wrote, especially with those that you love, at any point in the process, is more important than you may realize.  Obviously, in our daily lives, we all deal with people, situations, and (real, or imaginary) emergencies that take us away from spending more time and/or paying more attention to the people that are important in our lives.  That's nothing new, we are all guilty of this - especially me.

Hopefully, with my new attitude, I won't rely on others around me to recognize the effort I'm putting toward my goal of become a screenwriter, short story, and/or novel writer.

Once again, I won't let pirate jokes get in the way of who I am.

No comments: