Monday

A little Sorry

It's a bit of a crossroads for me. I have found a fondness for writing. I know screenwriting is writing. It's telling stories. I'm still up for telling great stories. (Great) stories is what holds culture together. I know this as I read "The Catcher in the Rye". It just seems easier to write in block - in thoughts - rather than in pictures. Pictures gives you more immediacy, but words, in paragraphs, gives you more insight than pictures.

Screenwriting is told in pictures. It is told in action. Action, for me, doesn't have to happen in less than two scenes; nor does it have to happen in as few words as possible. Writers must choose one, or the other. This doesn't mean either - or. That is why I am pushed deeper into each paragraph I write. The character tells me more in silence than it does in light - for everyone to see.

I could still see the light in the future. I may pull my fingers closer to my fists and think, rather than type. I may find a camera more fun than a typewriter. I may wake up in the morning and find action. I am not one for action though, at least not for now.

J.D. Salinger is singing to me.

No comments: