Saturday

I'm Sorry

I've been reading a couple short stories of mine lately (some longer than others). I have always been focused on screenwriting. At the same time, I've been writing a lot of stories in long hand - It's what I do. I haven't focused enough attention on grammar and sentence structure as I should.

My goal is to become a screenwriter, not a novelist and/or a short story writer. The problem with screenwriting, where you have to be so focused in each and every word, is that I have so many stories and characters in my mind that I cant stop writing. Screenplays exercise a specific part of your brain. Writing in long hand exercises another part of your brain. If you don't, totally, focus on one certain aspect of writing, things fall through the cracks.

Things have, certainly, fell through the cracks.

If I choose a different writing path, not screenwriting, I will be the first in line at the local college, registering for English, spending whatever time necessary.

This I promise.

Until then, read my stories as if those errors will be fixed in the long run, if necessary. My characters are really cool and interesting - At least I think so.

(Commas, colons: semicolons; - dashes. They haunt me in my sleep).

No comments: