Wednesday

More Thoughts (These are about writing)

Thought #1

I went home thinking about what I read about writing screenplays this morning and thinking about my next writing session, as well as my next possible blog. On my way to my place, I saw a young man sitting in the hallway crying. My first thought was that I wanted, more than anything else, to sit next to him and ask him questions. I really wanted to know his story. Why was he crying? Did he just loose a loved one, someone close to him, or did he loose his favorite pull over sweater from Abercrombie and Schmidt? I want to know everything about him. Since I started writing, I see things bigger than I ever thought.

Thought #2

I watched “Finding Forester” today. It, in a nutshell, is about a young man from Brooklyn who loves basketball but is a better writer, breaking away from the stereotypes and becoming friends with an old writer than won the Pulitzer prize on writing. He goes on to learn lessons… blah, blah, blah (I live in the blah)…

I also read an article on advice when entering screenplay contests (See my recent blog, “Writing Contests”) that mentioned how many screenplays the readers read had a protagonist that was a writer.

I started to think about movies about, or where the protagonist is a writer….

So far, I came up with these (no particular order):

“Finding Forester” (Duh)
“Final Draft”
“Sunset Boulevard”
“Adaptation”

No comments: