Saturday

To My Friend, Richard

I have decided to stop production, so to speak, on my current screenplay. I just can’t find a story. I have a protagonist I love. He’s a sad character with such great upside that I want him to succeed. Unfortunately for him I can’t find his destination within the world I created for him and his co-stars (including the love of his life). Every protagonist must have an ending, a conclusion. Every time I think I’m on to something where I’m excited to take him on a journey, things fall flat.

Sorry buddy. I love you but I think you deserve more than just a story. You deserve an audience. What I have in my head right now would never see the light of day. You will stay on my computer and in my thoughts until I can find a story for you that can sell. Hang in there my friend.

No comments: