Monday

A Spec Writer

I continue to write about the process, knowing that no one is listening. If I sold a screenplay tomorrow, I may receive a few emails. This blog would be "blowing up". I know this, knowing that no one is reading the words behind the words I'm writing now.

There was not a Charlie Kaufman before there was a "Charlie Kaufman". Even Charlie Kaufman would say that Charlie Kaufman didn't exist before Charlie Kaufman (watch/read "Adaptation" or his latest screenplay).

As a writer who's serious about writing screenplays, I read or listen to as many things, written, or spoken about screenwriting and writing in general. You, like me, try to do what "you" do with passion. I do this passion of mine, sharing every step with you.

I may never receive a dime for my writing. I may continue to write this blog with no one reading my words. But I know this...

I will continue to write...

No comments: